Saturday, March 19, 2011

Night Ascending Chapter I

Christopher Pearl sat there on the bench by the walkway in the park. He closed his eyes, stretched his arms and leaned back. He took a deep breath and let it go. He was enjoying the cool wind on his skin, the cool evening breeze; then a subtle warm air crossed him. The air blowing grew warmer, then it got stronger. He opened his eyes and sat up straight. The wind blew strongly onto his face, he lifted his hands to block the wind. Then it died. The air was silent, dead silent. He stood up, something made him look behind. He turned, he gasped, then he collapsed.

I ran through the hallway as fast as I could, I was late again for the bus. Darn it, I tell myself that I have to wake up early every morning, but everyday I also tell myself, "Just a few more minutes". Then the next thing you know, a call from Muniandy, "Wake up! You're going to be late again".

This happens to me everyday. I run faster and faster; blur. The bus is behind me, I looked to my feet, look left. I shrugged and rubbed my temples. Ok, that was interesting. Then I raised my right hand for the bus.

As I got up the bus, the bus driver nodded and gave a light salute. He smiled at me and said "Well, I don't know how you did it, but you do run fast". I returned his comment with a nod and went to find a seat.

The only candle stood tall in the shadows. It was lit and was placed on the table. The glow of the candle made the things in the room cast an eerie shadow. The wooden door opened slowly, the figure that opened the door came in, he pulled a seat and sat down at the table where the candle was lit. He clicked his fingers, the door closed, the candle light grew brighter and the bookshelves that filled the room gave out a light humming noise. He stood up and walked to the only window there, he placed his palm outside the window. A lightning struck in a distance, the figure went back to sit with a smile on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment