Thursday, September 2, 2010

This is My Malaysia

"What race are you?"

"Malaysian"

A blank face on their face.

What is wrong? Can't I say that I'm a Malaysian rather to say "I'm a Eurasian"? Well, it is better to say that I am a Malaysian. Yes, I believe in Malaysian Malaysia, Muhibbah, Malaysia for Peace and yes even the 1Malaysia concept. Nothing wrong, no animosity, no harm, right?

The harm only comes when we want it to happen.

Where do we live? In a plural society.
Who do we live with? With peoples of course; people of diversity.
What do we eat? Food...
Breath? Air...

I am proud to be a Malaysian, I am proud that we have a multitude of races. But I am not proud at all, and yes honestly speaking- if you can't take it, turn away; of the tension between us. The damn hard friction between the various races. The boiling hatred when we see others of different skin colours. Is this what we want? This hardened situation for many years to come?

We had the past wars, repeating it would be really stupid. Yeah, I'm frank. We cannot and should not afford to be fighting against each other, having such anger or fear against each other. No, I'm not naive, I just see a Malaysia where tension between races is only a minor problem. I don't persist that there would be a rough road but why not make the path as smooth as possible?

Is this what we want for our land?
Or I am just being to patriotic?

This is My Malaysia. I believe in unity, I believe in love, I believe that there will be tough times but I also believe that there will be solutions. I have nothing against anyone, it is just that the times now, the 'controlled' situation and the common mentality that makes that hard tension between all of us.

This is my country, and I see it as a world..a world like no other worlds out there.

Go ahead call me naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment