Monday, June 7, 2010

Task night.

I sat there on the bench, alone watching lovers clenching their hands tightly as they strolled past me. I noticed that too many of them are having a good time, but how many actually will last. I spoke to myself and said that with the rate of people divorcing these days, I really think that these guys wouldn't last long at all. But who am I to judge?

I took a look at my watch- 9.34. I'm late. The second hand just keeps ticking. I now stared right infront of me, wandering to myself, whether is this the right thing to do. I waited long enough for them to bring it now that they have brought it, I'm lost, in a dilemma.

I got up. Stretched my right arm, tighten my jacket and strode off. As I slowly strolled along the cemented path in the park. I caught a glimpse of a black tall figure approaching. My mind focused. He came towards me, put out his left hand and said "Sir, it is all done." I smiled, and shook his hand, I used my left arm to grab an envelope in my jacket pocket, I gave it to him. He walked off, saying nothing more.

9.47, damn. Is it too late? Nevermind, I hurried my steps to the end of the path, looked to my right and left, then crossed the road. I entered the pathway, this time lighted with fluorescent lights and neon bulbs. I walked closely to the inner path and finally came to my destination and entered via the entrance of Roland's.

Roland's is a family eatery. You can here country music playing in the background, and the sound of chips being deep fried. I walked in, scanning my surrounding , and then took a seat for a table of 4.

"Whaddya' want honey?" The waitress asked me. I said just to hand me a cup of iced water. Then suddenly a man, dressed in a sport coat, with a thin mustache sat opposite me. "I waited for an hour. Where were you?" he said with his low aged voice. He handed me a file, read "Confidential".

I slowly carefully opened it. In there I saw what I needed, no wanted to see. My drink came. I asked him "Is this all?". He gave a nod. I scanned the numbers on the paper, looking at it, studying it. Then I gave my right hand, he shook it and got off.

That's it, as dreadful as I may feel, I finally have all the codes that I wanted. Every password to the every account in that university. All is now mine. Finally I can regain access to the university, after years of torment, this is now the time for payback.

I dropped 50 cents on the table and got up, I straighten my cap and headed to the exit. "Alan McCoy!?," I turned around, damn. This is not going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment